Flashback Friday

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So every week on Friday I'll be posting a an old photo on my facebook, google plus and twitter page that has a interesting back-story and/or unique lighting/photo techniques that were used. I'll be posting photos from when I worked at the Orange County Register, nature scenes, portraits, and of course weddings. Feel free to like my page to see my post every Friday (link is in my signature).

For those that care, this is my "Flashback Friday" photo today:

FLASHBACK FRIDAY: This photo was taken on a yacht on Electra Cruises in Newport Beach, California back in 2011. The bride and groom had been wed just moments before this photo was captured. Before the reception, they wanted to spend some time alone away from all of their guests on the ship so they snuck upstairs to the small bridal room. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to capture a moment of them unwinding for a bit, and wanted to add some dramatic artificial light here to set the mood of the image. I had my assistant stand outside the window and point my Alienbees B800 flash unit through the window; this was my only source of light. This was captured with a Nikon D700 and 24-70mm.

887281_452737844794737_90524672_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like this! At first I was thinking white balance is way off, but I do feel like the orange really sets the mood. Good work!

I like this! At first I was thinking white balance is way off, but I do feel like the orange really sets the mood. Good work!

Thanks! Yeah I intentionally shoot my photos very warm, I prefer them that way.

FLASHBACK FRIDAY: This was a wedding I shot at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach. What I particularly like about this shot is the fact that I technically wasn't allowed to take this photo. The hotel had a rule against taking any photos in the lobby, even with wedding clients which I found ridiculous since this spot had the best scenic view in the entire hotel. After we were politely asked to not take any photos, my bride leaned over and whispered in my ear "Let's forget about the rules and take some anyway". So we snapped off a couple shots and I couldn't have asked for better lighting. The sun was in the perfect place which lit up the scene very well, didn't have to use any fill light here.

598784_455395264528995_1193687627_n.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back