Flashes

dirty1thirdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im kinda new to the whole off camera flash thing. I want to get into flash photography because a lot of the photos that I take are of BMX, but I don't know what I need to buy! I have a Rebel T2 camera body, and some old flash that I found in my basement (no clue who makes it, only thing written on it is TA-85). What type of setup do I need to have to make 2 or so flashes fire off of my camera? I have looked at getting pocketwizards, but they are pretty expensive and I am on a limited budget. Canon flashes are way too expensive for what I would be using them for. Maybe a couple Vivitar or Sunpak flashes? And should I hook the flashes up to my camera using wire or do it remotely? Again, I am new to flash photography, so please explain whatever I need to know. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Probably the cheapest way to go, would be to use optical slave triggers. You can get cheap ones for less that $20. They attach to any hot-shoe flash and trigger it when another flash is fired.

You could fire the slaves by running wires to them. You would need an attachment that goes onto the hot-shoe of your camera, with one or more connections. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&ci=3625&Q=&O=NavBar

Most reactions

Back