Flashpoint 320m Not firing with RF-603 Remote Trigger when connected to camera shoe

HollyW00d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone new guy here with an issue with my strobe and using remote triggers

I have a Canon T4i, and it took me a while to realize I couldn't get the strobe to sync with the shutter. The timing was always off, and it was recommended to use a wireless trigger. So I bought the Yongnuo RF-603C

They came with a 3/32" sync cable so I had to buy a 3/32" to 1/8" adapter and then a 1/8" adapter to 1/4" (since my strobe only has a 1/4" sync port)

I put the batteries in the transmitters and test fired with one on the camera hot shoe. The green lights on both came on and when the shutter was engaged the red lights came on indicating they are working.

Problem is, when I plug one into the 320m, the strobe does not fire. The green and red lights do not come on either. If I unplug it from the sync cable, it goes back to lighting up in sync with the one on my camera. Also, if I have it plugged into the strobe and press the test fire button on either transmitter, the strobe fires. So it's not the cable or transmitters, it's something with the camera. When the transmitter is plugged into the hotshoe, and the other into the strobe, unless you press the test button it will not transmit and receive. The camera stops telling it to fire once it's plugged into the strobe. Very strange.

Can anyone help me out? Thank you for reading, I appreciate it

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The PC sync cable to 1/4" is for the receiver to the 320M.

Will this do??:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Ok once I get it in I'll update the thread, hopefully that's it. Already spent $27 on adapters that I don't need, meh

(The 3/32 to 1/8 adapter only came in a 4 pack at Radiohack that's why that one was so expensive, didn't want to wait on shipping from somewhere)

It was my understanding that the RF603 receiver needed to connect to the PC port of the Flashpoint 320m; just like the one you linked.

Most reactions

Back