Flashpoint Studio 400 - Less then 1/16 power when using R2 remote?

personalt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a flashpoint studio 400 knowing that the light has a lowest power setting of 1/16.

I bought the R2 TTL transmitter with it and that allows for a lowest setting of 1/128. i was assuming that if I set the transmitter to 1/128 the light would fire at 1/16 power. I didnt break out my meter but the histogram did seem to indicate the flash was putting out less power when I turned down the transmitter to 1/128.

Is anyone familiar with this flash or the godox equivalent enough that they would know if using the transmitter increases how low you can dial back the power.

I was in another photographers studio last week. He has the same lights, but in a 600 series.

I was using my R2 and he said that even if you set it lower on the remote it only went down to 1/16. I did not play with adjusting it since we were shooting with it at the lowest power. I don't recall what setting my remote was on for that group of lights, however it was below 1/16 from the last shoot, and it did not reduce the power.

Ill have to play with my Studio 400s and various remote (I have all three of the controllers).

IIRC when using the R2Pro controller, it simply wouldnt let me set the power lower than 1/16. But I can confirm this.

I can't imagine it actually allowing for less power than the lowest the flash is actually capable of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back