Flickr bought by Smugmug

Smoke it all depends - a lot of blogs and articles broke when facebook swept in with their huge changes. Many of them were older projects but still contained valuable information and yet creators might not have had time to repair the damage done.

Suddenly losing your online host affects people in different ways; those just sharing on forums might not care as most of their historical past is still there but not relevant; however those with websites or engaging in activities that require repeat display of the same photos over and over can suddenly get hit with a huge headache. I've known some people in the model wargame world had thousands of images they had to move over and update to get guide blogs repaired.

Until they decide to change all that ....
normally during mergers/acquisition the bosses always says nothing will change and things will stay the norm (this to prevent talent flight). They never say what they are going to do 6 minutes later.
I thought that was normal for the business world. Decisions made at our companies weekly planning meetings are notorious for being changed before the attendees get back to their desks!

Even so I feel the Smugmug will be likely to improve Flickr & allow it to regain some of it's old friendliness/usability.

Most reactions

Back