Flickr vs. Photobucket

Photobucket is more of an image dump for storage and linking, where as, Flickr is more of a community, and a "portfolio" with socializing, and networking.

Photobucket is more of an image dump for storage and linking, where as, Flickr is more of a community, and a "portfolio" with socializing, and networking.

oh, I see. guess that's why I use Photobucket more......I'm anti-social

I prefer Flickr because of the social aspect. I also like the way it displays photos. I generally don't have as many compression issues as other people seem to be talking about. I also use it as a photo dump rather than a portfolio so it has my best and worst efforts in it!

I don't care for flicker at all. Been using PB for a while now and like it. It does retain the image info of my shots, and see no change from the original and the one that is up loaded from PB. But the best bet is to have your own site and up load from there..Something I gotta get around to.

I prefer Flickr because of the social aspect. I also like the way it displays photos. I generally don't have as many compression issues as other people seem to be talking about. I also use it as a photo dump rather than a portfolio so it has my best and worst efforts in it!
Pretty much exactly the same for me.

I also pretty much dump everything there. I figure, if I'm paying for unlimited storage, I might as well use it. So far, I probably have about 45GB worth of pictures there.

The groups there are great too (if you join the right ones). I find that when I have questions about something, I can find the answer on Flickr faster than anywhere else.

I knew about photobucket before I knew about flickr, but I would probably switch to flickr if I didn't have so many pictures on photobucket. I like the layout of flickr and its simplicity. Photobucket has too much going on with it.

I'm glad this question came up. As far as this forum is concerned, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I am unable to post a picture in a thread from flickr. In PB, I copy the link to my picture, and in a thread, I can insert the picture easily. The same link from Flickr, it says 'Invalid URL'.

I'm glad this question came up. As far as this forum is concerned, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I am unable to post a picture in a thread from flickr. In PB, I copy the link to my picture, and in a thread, I can insert the picture easily. The same link from Flickr, it says 'Invalid URL'.

For flickr pictures just left click the picture. You'll see a "share" tab appear above the picture to the left side. Open it. At the bottom of the drop down box highlight BBC, and select medium size. Copy all the info in the box. Paste that in your post. You don't need to do anything else. Go to preview and check. If you did it correctly, your picture is now in your post.

I use them both and like neither. I'm about to try 500px

$5320675375_8b5c3870fb_z.jpg

Got it! Thanks! :D

For flickr pictures just left click the picture. You'll see a "share" tab appear above the picture to the left side. Open it. At the bottom of the drop down box highlight BBC, and select medium size. Copy all the info in the box. Paste that in your post. You don't need to do anything else. Go to preview and check. If you did it correctly, your picture is now in your post.

What about Minus - Free Image and File Sharing

Any consensus on that? I've been using it and it seems to be just as nice.

See:

I use Minus - Free Image and File Sharing because it's free, has 10gb of storage, and doesn't mangle your photos.

Occasionally it has a rough patch where they're updating the site and things get slow, but it's never down for an extended period. I prefer it over both Flickr or Photobucket because it's easy to use. You just drag images from your computer onto the webpage and they'll upload.

I use Flickr because it is the one I know how to use.

I have both, only use photobucket for hosting.

Aside from the "social aspect" of flickr (which I don't really care about) which site does thebest for providing a non-mangled images to sites like this?

I don't know why one would say that Photobucket is confusing. You upload an image and click albums to view it. You can grab a direct link within a few a seconds and can upload multiple images at the same time. FlickR is the same way. Both are fine from a UI standpoint. I just want to know which site does the best keeping the hotlinked image true to your edit.

I agree with Joel. I'd like to see comparisons of Flickr's size reduction alogorithm from full size and pre-resized and the same with photobucket.

I feel like photobucket doesn't always do the best job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back