Flocking Avocets? Please correct if I'm wrong.

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_3012dxo_1200px_1.jpg
DSC_2987dxo_1200px_1.jpg

Avocets are a totally different bird as my learned fried above suggests they are Black Winged Stilts

Here's one of my Avocet's for comparison Mitch :)

k6chSFp.jpg

Les

Aha! Thank you!

I shoot these almost on a daily basis Mitch - they live all around my home :)
We have the Avocets too, but I'm not much of a bird expert (obviously). I like pretty pictures, though!

We have the Avocets too, but I'm not much of a bird expert (obviously). I like pretty pictures, though!
Me neither- I often refer to a cell phone App for ID's ( I use one called Merlin) as I do sell images I need to be 100% on ID's or look unprofessional :(

Me neither- I often refer to a cell phone App for ID's ( I use one called Merlin) as I do sell images I need to be 100% on ID's or look unprofessional :(
Your images are outstanding! When I was a musician I always tried to find players that were better than me. It's the best way to learn. I appreciate you guys posting and commenting here, especially backing it up with your own work. I've been in forums where it's all words... sigh.

Your images are outstanding! When I was a musician I always tried to find players that were better than me. It's the best way to learn. I appreciate you guys posting and commenting here, especially backing it up with your own work. I've been in forums where it's all words... sigh.
Nice of you to say Thank you :)

I am also a musician playing lead guitar in a Blues Band -:)

My Baby- 1952 Fender Telecaster a little worn but hey its nearly 70 years old :) :)

UHOm6ZD.jpg

and for slide

ie4sWqV.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:
-

I'm more on the Strat side of life as well as on ES335 and CFM D28.
No pictures at hand.
I have an USA Fender SRV Strat too, I prefer single coil for my style of playing :)

No acoustics like your Martin- I use the Gretsch above tuned in open D for slide

Nice! I think I have 30-something guitars and basses right now. And an extensive mic collection, hardware compressor collection, etc. Scary hoarding territory ;)

Not too mention when I went on a lens collecting binge for my cameras. I end up using like two for my D750. All the rest piled up next to my hoarded music gear.

That's a lovely Tele, when did they switch from Broadcasters to Telecasters? Around '53? That Gretsch looks vintage too?

Nice! I think I have 30-something guitars and basses right now. And an extensive mic collection, hardware compressor collection, etc. Scary hoarding territory ;)

Not too mention when I went on a lens collecting binge for my cameras. I end up using like two for my D750. All the rest piled up next to my hoarded music gear.

That's a lovely Tele, when did they switch from Broadcasters to Telecasters? Around '53? That Gretsch looks vintage too?
Nice :) 1

1950 I believe they switched- not really 100% sure- the paperwork I have with the 52 clearly states Telecaster they did a Nocaster and a single pick up Esquire too

web search

Fender Telecaster​

The Fender Telecaster, colloquially known as the Tele, is the world's first mass-produced, commercially successful solid-body electric guitar. Its simple yet effective design and revolutionary sound broke ground and set trends in electric guitar manufacturing and popular music. Introduced for national distribution as the Broadcaster in the autumn of 1950 as a two-pickup version of its sister model, the single-pickup Esquire, the pair were the first guitars of their kind manufactured on a substantial scale. A trademark conflict with a rival manufacturer's led to the guitar being renamed in 1951. Initially, the Broadcaster name was simply cut off of the labels placed on the guitars and later in 1951, the final name of Telecaster was applied to the guitar to take advantage of the advent of television. The Telecaster quickly became a popular model, and has remained in continuous production since its first incarnation.

The Gretsch it circa 1980 Bell brass body no pick and quite heavy

I apologise for the NONE NATURE CONTENT :(

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back