Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
g2.jpg

g1.jpg

g3.jpg

Last edited:
Someones trying to do a Mish!

Not sure if its just my screen, but the colours seem very very strong. Almost a little too strong in that detail/quality is being lost in the overall saturation. Maybe a tiny bit pulling back on the overall or select colour channels might help

It's really hard to do pictures of flowers anywhere within 20 million miles of Mish. She's the Georgia O'Keefe of photography.

I would ask her for some tips.

That said, maybe you don't want to be copying her and find your own way.

I personally hate pictures of flowers... boring as snot... but I love hers.

Yours did not entice me, personally. Kinda harsh in some respects.

I'd love to say more, but I'm horrible at critiquing flower pics. :)

Someones trying to do a Mish!

Not sure if its just my screen, but the colours seem very very strong. Almost a little too strong in that detail/quality is being lost in the overall saturation. Maybe a tiny bit pulling back on the overall or select colour channels might help

I will say I was inspired by Mish.. that is true! And it is obvious to anyone, that I am not capable of copying her.... not even close! :) I will check out the color channels though! :) Thanks!

I didn't saturate these heavily.. mostly just a touch on the yellow!

It's really hard to do pictures of flowers anywhere within 20 million miles of Mish. She's the Georgia O'Keefe of photography.

Yes.. I agree, these were basically my version of snapshots for this type of shot. They are a harsh. Lighting was harsh, as I didn't have an umbrella with me.. just a SB-900 with the bounce card out. All handheld and shot very quickly, and on flowers that were well past their prime.

A very poor emulation of what our lovely Mishele produces... I know. I would love to be able to produce shots similar to what Mishele does, although different enough to be my own.... and this was just a quick verification and test of what I thought she was doing. I probably shouldn't have posted them.. but wanted to see what feedback I would get.

I love flowers photos.. especially the soft abstract type.. and have done others prior to this... even back in the 80's. But this was the first time I was actually inspired by someone elses shots... so they are probably somewhat derivative. I apologize for that! :)

Hey.....shoot away!!! I'm not the say all in flower photography!! My technique is really not that difficult......lol Just shoot everything at 2.8.....=) Find flowers w/ a deep DOF and try to find a tip to focus on.....=) Not every flower is going to work. Sometimes it just comes down to finding the perfect specimen.
I shoot everything handheld so I can mover around a lot.
I like the first one a lot. It seems a little over saturated but I'm on a craptop so that might not be accurate.

To you other guys .....thanks for the kind words!! It's nice to know I hold such high regard in the flower photography world.......:sexywink:

I desaturated the shots in the original post and edited the post with the new shots.... better?

Yes.. I agree, these were basically my version of snapshots for this type of shot. They are a harsh. Lighting was harsh, as I didn't have an umbrella with me.. just a SB-900 with the bounce card out. All handheld and shot very quickly, and on flowers that were well past their prime.

A very poor emulation of what our lovely Mishele produces... I know. I would love to be able to produce shots similar to what Mishele does, although different enough to be my own.... and this was just a quick verification and test of what I thought she was doing. I probably shouldn't have posted them.. but wanted to see what feedback I would get.

I love flowers photos.. especially the soft abstract type.. and have done others prior to this... even back in the 80's. But this was the first time I was actually inspired by someone elses shots... so they are probably somewhat derivative. I apologize for that! :)

I tried it, too. I was so humiliated by my failure that I curled up under the sofa and wept.

I've got an amaryllis that just opened...waaay past Christmas, but I was going to give it a go with that flower later in my little light box room. Wish me luck!

I've got an amaryllis that just opened...waaay past Christmas, but I was going to give it a go with that flower later in my little light box room. Wish me luck!

Rotsa Ruck.. as Scooby Doo would say! :) Please post them, would love to see them. i am battling a yucky head cold right now.. but if I can find the energy, I might break out the soft light tools, and do some more shooting along these lines. Outside is dreary and cold... so that is out. I do love those soft oof colors... wow!

Most reactions

Back