Flower arrangement photography

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello guys. I am a noob. I have some ideas of photo taking but of course, not an expert. I work for a florist and take pictures for our websites. I have gotten a lot better than when I started 2-3 years ago. But I just can't get myself to take pictures like I want to. Here's picture of what I'd love to do.

and here's what I have done and then photoshopped it a little bit.

RedArrg.jpg

Are they using a certain type of lens? I just used a regular lens that came with our Canon Digital Rebel EOS

What don't you like about your picture? I actually like it more.

The first one might be a bit sharper, but I like your exposure more. The top pic seems dark in the middle part.

Mind if you show me your setup?

What don't you like about your picture? I actually like it more.

The first one might be a bit sharper, but I like your exposure more. The top pic seems dark in the middle part.

Mind if you show me your setup?

Do you mean like what settings I used?? Or like the equipment I'm using? Sorry I'm new, so I may not understand you correctly.

The first one was done through Teleflora. Of course, they use their own elite photographers to shoot them.

I would like to have a few more lights and more space to work with but I'm going on my own end of next year so I can get more lighting. I also found EZ Cube and saw some great results. But was wondering if I need some type of lens to get the clarity that they have. Should I use soft focus lens??

This is how I do mine now.

FB029.jpg

FB5.jpg

that looks pretty good to me... the latest sample you posted (of the basket) i think may be a little bit over exposed in some areas, but its far better than I would do (i'm not so good with light boxes yet..

I wish I had the real thing w/ more lights. Next year hopefully.

Do you still work for the florist?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

YES I do! Been there for 8 years working at their office.

I didn't know **** about photography back then. I just took pix for our websites. I didn't learn bout this stuff till the last July (2010) when I bought my first DSLR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back