Flower CC

Im still learning big time so dont judge the cam. by me....lol I agree they could of been less busy w/ the water droplets. But after a day working on it I m happy w/ what I learned and the end result!! :D

Love the colour, composition, DOF and everything about the last one. The only thing I don't like is that there are too many water drops for me.

No, no, no!

The water droplets are perfect!
What kundahlini was saying was (which I though as well) you could open up your aperture to get a smaller depth of field. If you focused this smaller depth of field on the back side of the flower (as you did) the viewers eye would be drawn there. What's happening now, is the drops on the front petals are so close to being in focus that the viewers eye has no place to rest.

Something like this:

IMG_613881.jpg

I know water drops may not excite everyone, but don't discount them. Look for the water on plants flickr groups and see how many people adore them. I am one, so my "no, no, no!" above is mostly based on my opinion.

Last edited:
Bitter ......thanks I do see what you mean!! Man, lol there is so much to think about!! I m learning so much thanks guys!!

:cheers:

There is a lot to think about. Shoot a lot, and often, and think about it. It slowly becomes second nature.

This is what makes the world go round, differences in tastes. Since you mentioned you liked the drops, I have taken a closer look at them and I'll admit they do look kind of neat the way they line up with the coloring on the petals. I guess I have to give this one and admit you're right.

Most reactions

Back