Flower Power and Such

Kable

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are just from my backyard. Comments are always welcome! I'd love to improve!
bumbly.jpg

122.jpg

Bells.jpg

Butterfly.jpg

Flowey.jpg

Petals.jpg

porpy.jpg

Good practice using a shallow DOF.

I think it worked against you in number one, because all the flowers are basically at the same level, I'd like to see them all in focus.

I don't really like the composition in 2 +3, the subject is too centered.

Good focus in 4, but maybe a tighter crop would bring the subject into more of the frame. I realize you probably didn't want to get any closer and scare it away and were probably as zoomed as you could get.

The composition is 5 is much better, but it looks a little overexposed. Maybe try turning up the contrast and reducing the exposure in post production. But the colors are great.

I like 6

7 is the best of the bunch for me. I like the DOF and it's like the flower is "looking" into the frame.

Thanks for the advise! I see where you are coming from for photo 1, I was just afraid the picture would become to busy. And the composition for 2 &3 is pretty boring! Thanks for the editing tips too! I'm struggling with that a lot. I want my photos to be bright but not look over edited I guess. Thanks for the comment, it's nice to get a second point of view!

Most reactions

Back