Flower series

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I mentioned in another post that I spend a lot of time with my head down at the ground taking pictures of flowers. Here's a sampling of those...Most of these are fairly older, very little (if any) editing on these.

Sometimes it seems like all flower pictures look the same (mine anyway)--any suggestions of how to get something more original/different? I'd love any suggestions/critiques :goodvibe:

dscf4726jg4.jpg

n1230113531199170543bh2.jpg

dscf47201bu0.jpg

164014094tu3.jpg

flowerdd8.jpg

164027081edittj1.jpg

cheers ^^

That last one could definitely stand to have those highlights fixed. I have the same problem with magenta-ish flowers, and I can't for the life of me figure out a way to fix it yet. Anyway, the rest of the series is excellent. #4 is definitely my favorite. Keep up the good work. :)

Hiya nabero and welcome to ThePhotoForum,
I think the time of you with your head down (on the flowers) paid off nicely for I certainly like what I am seeing here.
Very varied colours and also varied POVs (points of view) and compositions, some quite close-up capturing only the detail of a flower, some taking in the entire blossom, some filling the whole frame with just the colours ... nice.

My favourite is the second. I like its view from the side, its crispness, colour and shadows of the stamen on the petals.

I do like number 2 and number 4..

although 4 is a bit soft. and in 2 the crop is slightly too tight
for my taste, you just clipped it ;) Still nice though. I like the perspective

#5 is my fave

one thing you could try is to add another layer that is slightly blurred then set the opacity to about 50 to give a shot a soft dreamy feel

I would try different angles maybe. Look up at the flower from a bugs eye view. or but the camera right down in the middle if the stems and make it a timed exposeure.

I personally like different like that as opposed to the same stock views you sometimes get of certian subjects..

You know what they say about opinions....

I would try different angles maybe. Look up at the flower from a bugs eye view. or but the camera right down in the middle if the stems and make it a timed exposeure.

I personally like different like that as opposed to the same stock views you sometimes get of certian subjects..

You know what they say about opinions....
i agree!

Have a look at astrodav's poppies for some inspiration - what he does with DOF is very impressive, though a long lens is a big part of his particular style.

Most reactions

Back