Flowers (Because Its Summertime in Minnesota) (3)

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some more of my usual "junk" photos (under-exposed, soft, noisy, etc.) - (I think they're "okay") for you all to critique, comment, complain, concatenate (okay that last "C" word is not relevant, but hey, when you get in the groove, you just gotta go with it):

#1 - Over-Saturated Rose - A Rose is love and love should always be over-saturated in our lives.

7361384654_be14a1fa72_c.jpg

#2 - A Calm Beauty - Flowers bring so much joy into our lives.
7176161285_7374b39707_c.jpg

#3 - Lily with Tears - There's not enough love for that around us and so this Lily cries.
7361387276_c441f99e40_c.jpg

EDIT: Including the next photo (cooler) per inquiry by Ernicus:
7177389917_7e6f1d1557_c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm diggin the lilly. I wonder if it would serve better cooler than warmer. Nice shot.

I did try it cooler and didn't know what to think so I warmed it instead. Should have saved the cool version, I'll redo it later perhaps. The lily was a little difficult to shoot as it is almost flush with the house I live in and there's a house in the back so the angle had to be pretty exact or I'd have a bunch of distracting elements in the photo. Thank you for the reply.

np. I was just wondering more than anything...it's cool as it is...I just always wonder about things though.

I edited the original post to include a cooler version of the Lily photo. I did some slight curve adjustments (or extreme, one of the five).

Hope ya don't mind...I don't play with colors much so I thought I'd play on this one.

First I tried to add a cooling filter, all it did was make it dark so that was a no go. then I decided to play with color balance to see what it would do. I added cayan to midtones...a lot. some blues and green to highlights and just a tad of cayan and blue to shadows.

it came out ok but to me was kind of yellow. then I added on a blue filter to combat the yellow and got this.

Doesn't really go with your idea or theme, so not suggesting it's a fix by any means. Just thought it was neat to play with.

$7361387276_c441f99e40_c-1.jpg

lol, I see you added a 'cooler' rendition. i don't like what it did to the background, but I do like what it did to the flower. answers my "I wonder" though. lol

I think that warm suggests love and happiness...comfort...and cooler suggests lonliness and sadness. Which is what made me wonder about it being cooler since you said the lilly was crying. I don't get "sadness" in the warm version.

Dude! So sweet man! Awesome. Why did I not think of that?! You are a saviour man! My mind is now racing with ideas all of a sudden. It now seems so obvious. Thank you for lending me a few of your brain cell clock cycles. Thank you, thank you. I, for one, admire your edit as well. I'll keep working at it. Thanks again for the invaluable and well-timed input and insight. You, sir, rock!

Right? I hear all of you. Wonderful idea to whichever one of you mentioned it. And shame on the rest of you for not doing so quick enough. I guess you're going to have to have a talk with yourself about that.

I like to have arguments with myself out-loud in front of people to see reactions. Its actually pretty funny. No it isn't. Yes it is. No, 'cause remember that one tim....stop right there, don't even say it, I swear to god I'll kick my butt...I'd like to see you try..oh yeah? yeah! *punches myself in the teeth with my foot

I really like your warmer Lily, as it's so close to what it should look like in that light. The water drops just add that extra touch to make a very pleasing image and composition. Well done.

Picture #1 just is way too contrasty and bright for my conservative tastes. A Rose's softness, with delicate colors and textures, just needs diffused light.

Picture #2 is very busy for a floral image with lines everywhere, and those purples popping out from the background just adds to it. If this is your backyard, can you re-shoot?

Most reactions

Back