Flowers - C&C welcome

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these with my trusty P&S. These flowers are everywhere, where I live.

It was broad (scorching) daylight, but I think they turned out well anyway.
It was kind of hard getting the bees and flowers in focus in #1. Both of these underwent serious cropping. The only other PP was unsharp mask and adjusting levels and WB on both.

100_8865-2.jpg

100_8862-2.jpg

I think that you took these under poor lighting conditions. The colors seem muted as if either it were right in the middle of a sunny day, or it was a hot, hazy day. Also, #2 looks blurry to me.

Well, yes, if you read above I mentioned it was broad daylight :)
I cropped out some overexposed bits in #1, which is why the colors are fairly muted.

#2 is slightly blurry, I guess, but I thought the vibrant colors compensate ;)

Well no, because the main focal point (the flowers in the left top) are not sharp. The focus lies on the green leaves rather than on the flowers. Personally I would bin the second picture.

Well no, because the main focal point (the flowers in the left top) are not sharp. The focus lies on the green leaves rather than on the flowers. Personally I would bin the second picture.

*sigh*. ... :(

I would love to hear your opinion on the 1st one tho.

You have captured a bee, which is a good achievement. They never sit still for me too. But it is not really sharp. It disappears in the picture between all the flowers. The picture overall is dark (I know you cropped the overexposed bits out) and the total picture is a bit messy. It has a lot going on in one frame.

You could try taking one flower and placing it behind a calm background. It will be easier for your camera to focus properly and will give more focus on the flower (and bug, might it land on your flower). Try capturing it in the shade.

Don't be discouraged by these coments. Just take it as advice and grab your camera and aim at those flowers again!

Thanks for your time. Your advice is duly noted :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back