danjchau

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
----

Last edited:
Nice images; C&C per req:
1. The rule of thirds often doesn't apply in macro work; a centered image isn't always a bad thing. In this case you have a lot of space on the left not doing anything. Also slightly over-exposed. I'd suggest dropping down the exposure and cropping.
2. Per 1 for composition. Lacks a little saturation and and perhaps about 1/2 stop under exposed this time. Also not that there are several dead/brown/damaged petals on the main subject blooms. Try and avoid these.
3. Per 1 for composition. Exposure is better, when shooting images like this, consider looking down into the flower. This will allow you to make better use of selective focus, and eliminate background disctractions such as the other part blooms in the image.
4. Again about 1/2 stop under-exposed. The composition works a little better in this one.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

They good mate they good. I like 1 and 3. Flowers in 2 and 4 are not clear enough, and whichever the flower you intrent to be in focus are not focused to me.

If 1 2 3 reshoot them under the brighter lighting I am sure it will look so vibrant. But I still lilke 1 and 3 as it is now.

Keep up the effort.

1 & 3 I like, they are bright, like flowers are in the daylight, Tirediron stated "a little overexposed", I agree, but I wonder if you shot them again with a corrected exposure if they may lose the "pop". To me macro floral shots with bright brights and shadows are appealing. The dead leaves or blooms in 2 kinda ruined a great shot.
The shots themselves are very cool. I always have to ask myself, "aside from technical things is this picture cool?" interesting? etc. and yours are.
Great job

Most reactions

New Topics

Back