Fluffy white stuff.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
After reading Jim's post "uncle, uncle already" I have to say BRING IT. I am a snow lover!!! Definitely bothersome to work in, but great to play in. This was shot last night. The most violent "storm" of the past week. I will need confirmation that the sun is shining somewhere.

I will need confirmation that the sun is shining somewhere

yeah, i am trying to nurse over some serious sunburn here!

That is alot of snow! looks like the house got a wee bit of frostbite.

quick question for you, you had mentioned neutral density filters for keeping colours from fading, what would you use for snow? I took pics in Colorado a few years ago and there always seem to be to much contrast especially if the weather was nice. Any suggestions for snow taking pics?

Neutral density filters only change exposure not color. Basically they are a neutral grey "tint" (it may be a fine screen) which is not seen by film. The different densities provide longer exposures. That is just a loose rendition. Be sure to consult your neighborhood camera store or web page.
Conditions vary greatly. I have had good success on cloudy days. Night photos work out well. Shooting when it is snowing can be fun, but concentrate on the snow falling, or the frames will look like there is white spots all over. I would avoid noon on a sunny day. Too much light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back