fluke shot

Joel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sydpk.com
hey, i took this once by chance... was watchin TV with my little cuz, fiddling with my camera, and i just turned to him and said smile, and i got this one :) so then i though id play with it in PS. it was black and whitened (yeh i made that phrase up) using channel mixer. PLEASE rip this one apart, i wanna know what you dont like about it so i can get better :) you guys are all too nice uaually, haha...

heath.jpg

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really isnt much wrong with this one.. For a candid shot it turned out pretty darn good!!!

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
looks pretty good.

If I'm being fussy (really fussy) i would say the skin tones look a little flat for my own personal taste, prob because you've used a lot of the red channel when mixing. Maybe try adding a tad more green channel and a little less red.

Might also be an idea to use the dodging tool just a tiny bit, to really bring his eyes out, just apply it to the iris (set on highlight).

That said, i think it's a pretty good shot

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You caught a great expression! It looks a little flat to me, and JohnMF gave some great suggestions. A bit more contrast and I think you'll like the results better!

OP
J

Joel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sydpk.com
ok i took your advise and played with the photo again. heres the results. i didnt do and dodging because im not too experienced with it and couldnt get it to look good (after about 10 mins of playing). to be honest only about 5 mins was put into this so it wasnt given all the though that i could have. but her it is anyways...

heath2.jpg

Personally i like it a bit better than the 1st but im not experienced enough to judge it well yet...

Most reactions

New Topics