Flying... C&C conversion

SoonerBJJ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.apug.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since going FF all my lenses were too wide, so I picked up a Canon 135/2.0L for closer work. This from my first trip out. Love the bokeh.

I love b&w film and I've admired some fantastic digital conversions. This was done manually in Lightroom, meaning not a preset. Trying to learn how to bring out what I love about film in the digital darkroom. Any thoughts?

8286385900_c3053d3785_c.jpg

Great job! Shooting up and having that great choice of focal length makes her look bigger than life. I actually don't mind the highlights in the background as interpretation is key to relating what the kid may be imagining. Hair light excellent and so is the compression.

I believe it.

Edit: Regarding the post processing BW conversion, I think it's there. The grain isn't as significant but recognizable as I blow it up.

Last edited:
No complaints here. Nice, well exposed, fun photo

B&w conversion is hard. Everyone has different taste when it comes to B&W conversion. Anyway, what has been a game changer for me is messing with the WB slider while in B&W. i used to never touch the wb slidet and now i do.

B&w conversion is hard. Everyone has different taste when it comes to B&W conversion. Anyway, what has been a game changer for me is messing with the WB slider while in B&W. i used to never touch the wb slidet and now i do.

I would never have thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

Good choice on the 135/2. Nice shot of the little girl "flying"....I can almost hear her saying "vrooom,vroom,vroom!" and then making that, "Nnnneeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrr!" jet-engine landing sound and she banks the "plane" around for landing! Yeah, 135/2 on FF...it really does put a nice visual impression on the images it creates.

Thanks for the comments.

@Robin: Thanks for the tip on the WB.

@Derrel: I'm pretty sure I read some of your past comments when I was deciding on the 135/2. It's a beautiful lens that suits my purposes perfectly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back