What's new

"Foamations"

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot a few days earlier at a White water Kayaking Competition event at calicut, Kerala, India
Your views are welcome
:D
9586808483_073fa963d8_o.jpg
[/url][/img]
 
Oddly enough, for all the action that's happening, the shot feels too static to me. I'm thinking it's the centered subject and the diagonal paddle being locked onto the corner axis. It could also be that I'm seeing it as a bit dark.

I made a few tweaks:

$Kayak.webp
 
Last edited:
All actions are accentuated by the human expression; here the face is blank or not available for its expression...probably that is the cause of feeling of lack of dynamism
Thank you MB for your analysis :D
 
Adding a few more....
image.2
9586824495_298177ffb4_o.jpg
[/url]
[/img]
 
That could be part of it. It's why I lightened the face.
 
Given the action going on, I think the images look somewhat static because your shutter speed is too high. If you used something slower and gotten both water and paddle blur, the sense of motion would have been accentuated. The other way to make the action obvious, is to shoot the subject in a position of physical instability which will give the clear message that this is a high-speed shot of dynamic action. In the images you've posted, none of the kayakers look like they are in danger of tipping over, or getting even seriously wet. Something like this: http://static1.jacksonkayak.com/2010/03/Photo.jpg shows the kayak in a clearly dynamic pose. Another shot is here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QM9ybfN3rYU/T9YxksxKnwI/AAAAAAAAAh0/He22HrihR5o/s640/Sam.jpg where the paddler is obviously dynamically unstable (well, they actually get the stability from the very aggressive plant of the paddle in the water, but you can only do this when moving fast!). Anyways, good to see you back!
 
I completely agree with your opinion and "save" the suggestion of slow shutter for future events; thank you very much Paulo
Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom