Focus Stacking

Hack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Playing around with Zerene Stacker.

Here's the first pic of the set of 7.

IMG_8058.jpg

Strange there is no visible means to edit my post. I just wanted to say I have Helicon Focus but never used it yet. Im now looking forward to some nice macro work all in focus for a change. Thanks for the eye opener.

Thanks Bynx,

I had been along time since I tried it. I find the more pix I take, at tiny intervals, the better the stack fill be. I'd forgotten how to do it. At first, I stupidly tried to move the camera forward, then I remembered - leave the camera on the tripod, use manul focus, snap a pic, manual focus a bit, snap a pic ... until I get to the end. I sized them all down to 800x533 and Zerene stacker did the rest.

And I see an "EDIT" button down at the bottom right, just outside the frame of the thread, see it? In fact, I used it to add this.

Hack

Rookie questions welcome, Lords knows I've asked my fair share. I use a peice of software (you download it) called Zerene Stacker. You get a month to try it out. I'd tried a few others, that were good, too, but the folks are friendly and willing to answer rookie guestions :)

Zerene Stacker -- The Basics

There's another called Helicon, but I'm not familiar with it.
http://www.heliconsoft.com/

Hack

Last edited:
You can also use combineZP
CombineZP News

which is a free focus stacking program. Also no program stands above the others with regard to focus stacking results; like noise reduction programs they will all perform very similarly whilst with select situations one might outperform the others.

I generally consider, that with the amount of effort that goes into preparing and acquiring shots for a focus stack, that any person who is going to do a lot of focus stacking should start to collect the barious software options to have the alternatives on hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back