What's new

focusing screen

dupek

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville,FL,USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I have Canon T1i. I had "hard time" to manual focus, so I decided to replace factory focusing screen with the "prism split". It have circle. Does works fine, but I am having foggy photos. Does focusing screen have anything to do with quality of photos?. Most of my photos have sharp spike in the middle( histogram). Look like I lost contrast. Any idea?.
Thanks.
 
Some focus screen affect the overall exposure. They tend to mess up the design of the metering in the camera, which is typically 'calibrated' to the factory screen. Check the instructions and/or web site of the place you got the split prism screen from to see if there's any exposure compensation you need to do.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom