What's new

Focusing screens...cheaper alternatives?

SunnyHours

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
129
Reaction score
3
Location
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm looking at acquiring some MF lenses for my film camera but I'd also like to use them on my D7000.
So I'm looking at Split-Prism focusing screens.
There seems to only be 2 ways...
The KatzEye Optics way, 160$.
Or the ebay way, 25$.

Is there a reason why I should pay the difference for the KatzEye product?
 
I tried the e-bay one on a Nikon. It's about a 1/3 stop darker than OEM in some conditions but exposure comp works. The trick is to experiment to know which conditions.

It's probably not 1/3 stop but somewhat less than that and the camera can't decide sometimes. Shoot RAW and pay attention. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom