TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes when I switch to
autofocus
and I try to focus nothing happens. I put it to manual ans then back to auto and it will work. When it is on manual it
dosn't
always feel very smooth. If I point the lens down and try to manual focus I can hardly even turn it, it feels like it is on auto focus but it isn't.

Anyone
have any ideas? Is this a lens defect that B&H would just replace for me. The problem is I NEED this lens on
nov
4 to shoot homecoming and I'm afraid since B&H is closed a lot right now due to holidays and their weird schedule I might not be able to get a new 1 in time.

that certainly does not sound healthy at all!

i only have the 50 1.4, but the 1.8 should not be built that horrible. I guess it has to be repaired .. or replaced!

I don't know what B&H is, but I guess it is a camera shop. Maybe they would also lent you a 50mm, maybe a used one? at least for the time you really need it?

www.bhphotovideo.com It's a pretty big site here in the us. I luckyily found the invoice and it says they have a 1 year warrenty for imported lenses. I suppose I can make due until after the 4th and then call them.

Most reactions

Back