foggy iceland

nokk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
heading south from egilsstaðir one morning we took what we thought was a shortcut. it turned out to be a siren's call. the road was a 2 lane road on a sheer cliff, very few guardrails and fog so heavy that we couldn't see the road in front of the car. i ended up outside of the car, walking us through the heaviest bit of the fog. but once we descended from the clouds and turned a corner we found a very pretty waterfall. three sheep crossed behind us while we were taking photos of the waterfall and pretty much climbed up the sheer cliff face behind us.

50822356002_5924933edf_o.jpg

50821512148_8a9f10c5e2_o.jpg

50822260561_cbd37848ce_o.jpg

Nice set.

Those sheep are amazing climbers. Awhile back I watched a few on TV climb hundreds of feet up the sheer face of a dam to reach the only place that provide minerals that were seeping out of the cracks, minerals their bodies needed and how they knew it was there is beyond me. Probably smelled it i suppose. It was intense watching them, you thought at any moment one would lose their footing and fall to their death but it didn't happen.

Nice set. We used to fly missions out of Iceland, and the view from the air was spectacular.

Fantastic scenery and well taken shots as usual. A place I'd love to visit.

These are sweet images. I get a good sense of what that area must have been like. It sounds and looks like you had a great adventure.

Nice set......
thanks jeff

Nice set.

Those sheep are amazing climbers. Awhile back I watched a few on TV climb hundreds of feet up the sheer face of a dam to reach the only place that provide minerals that were seeping out of the cracks, minerals their bodies needed and how they knew it was there is beyond me. Probably smelled it i suppose. It was intense watching them, you thought at any moment one would lose their footing and fall to their death but it didn't happen.
thanks k9. i never knew sheep could climb like that. or smell things from so far away.

Nice set. We used to fly missions out of Iceland, and the view from the air was spectacular.
thanks joel. one of my fellow supers also flew out of iceland in his af days.

Fantastic scenery and well taken shots as usual. A place I'd love to visit.
thanks space face. it's a trip i'm planning to go on again.

These are sweet images. I get a good sense of what that area must have been like. It sounds and looks like you had a great adventure.
thanks pjm. that road wasn't particularly fun that day, but looking back it was a grand adventure.

I looked it up and they were actually ibex, which are closely related to sheep. Here's a video of the program I watched.

Most reactions

Back