Foggy sunset

From a practical standpoint, shooting wide landscapes and placing the horizon high or low leaves you dealing with the problem of distortion. You can, of course, crop. I am a bit of a purist though. I prefer to do what I can in camera.

Is it (distortion) an issue nowadays, really? Of course If You are focused to do everything in Your camera than yes, but I'm sure that most of us do some post-processes in order to improve/correct effect took by camera. And in (almost) every RAW processor it is available, and dealing with most of lenses it could be easily corrected without spending tons of hours.

Getting back to the submitted photography I have to say that example posted by Designer suits better for me. In this particular example I see no point in leaving as much empty space on the top. Its only a feeling but Designer's version looks more "dynamic".

Except of overall composition I love the effect You achieved in area of snow textures. I think that lightening was pretty close to perfect, but maybe You do some awesome job in post-process. Anyway it doesn't matter because outcome is excellent. Congrats!

I liked it so much, I nominated it for December photo of the month.

I like it too. Without the sun it is somewhat reminiscent of a high magnification (microscopic) shot of the hairs in skin.

Beautiful. It'd be cool to see you raise the camera, but point it down more to keep the foreground but have the sun higher in the frame at the top third (horizon at bottom).

It is such a amazing shot. I wish I wasn't such a night owl to get sunrise shots myself haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back