Follow That Car

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got quite a few of these tonight. These were the most interesting out of the group.

44964981-L.jpg

44964979-L.jpg

I tried my hands at night photography, light trails, too, but I never got the settings right. And my camera did not give the the results I was looking for, either (lights appearing as stars, for example). How do you do that. Or do you think a compact digital camera reaches its limits here, i.e. when it comes to tricky exposures such as exposures at night?

In short: I admire all of you who get such lovely night shots!

Cool shots Jake!
love the curve formation in #2

One is nice, but I like the indicator flashes in the second. How many people want to have a go at doing your own versions after seeing these? :mrgreen:

And my camera did not give the the results I was looking for, either (lights appearing as stars, for example). How do you do that. Or do you think a compact digital camera reaches its limits here, i.e. when it comes to tricky exposures such as exposures at night?
You'll need a star filter or step down the aperture. You should get little "stars" at light sources then. And a really long exposure as well. :mrgreen:

So, not sure a p&s camera is the best there. Ignoring the nose problems, you'll need a camera which can physically change the aperture. I've no idea if they do that or use electronic witchcraft.

Thanks all! I would have taken more tonight, but it's cold out :grumpy:

LaFoto, the second one was taken at f/16 ISO 400 26sec. First one was f/18 ISO 400 36sec.

ferny said:
So, not sure a p&s camera is the best there. Ignoring the nose problems, you'll need a camera which can physically change the aperture. I've no idea if they do that or use electronic witchcraft.

Mine's a bit better than just Point And Shoot. But the tiniest f-stop is f8. There is nothing below that. And that is not enough, as it seems. I can manually set aperture and exposure time, but, like I am saying: f8 is max. And 15 secs is max, too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back