Folly Beach

ajax1291

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband taking a stroll on Folly Beach, SC
2672025666_4babc672c3_b.jpg

I love the warm tones and the fog/haze. They really make the photo, in my beginner's opinion. Also, your horizon is kind of uneven. Most photos tend to look better with an even horizon, so you might want to try it out and see if it works. I think it will, but I could be wrong. I'm just saying what people have told me about my photos. :)

Is all the washed-up debris usually there, or is it from the inclement weather in the Atlantic (Bertha)? I've never been to the ocean, so I don't know what it usually looks like. I figure something is going on, though, or there would be more people there! :)

Nice early morning photo, reflects the atmosphere.
Technically you would need to straighten your horizon, it is tilted to the right, and when you're at it, you might want to crop the photo some to move your husband as central subject OUT OF THE CENTRE of the photo (he might be "central", but photos look more interesting when they are a little off centre).

I love the warm tones and the fog/haze. They really make the photo, in my beginner's opinion. Also, your horizon is kind of uneven. Most photos tend to look better with an even horizon, so you might want to try it out and see if it works. I think it will, but I could be wrong. I'm just saying what people have told me about my photos. :)

Is all the washed-up debris usually there, or is it from the inclement weather in the Atlantic (Bertha)? I've never been to the ocean, so I don't know what it usually looks like. I figure something is going on, though, or there would be more people there! :)

I never even noticed the horizon being off-center. :)
As for the debris, I'm not sure why its so...cluttered. It had been a beautiful day, but by the time we got to the beach it was FREEZING (this was taken in February) which is probably the reason he's all alone. you know us crazy tourists!

I'll play around with straightening and cropping so its not so "centered". thanks for the tips!

I love Folly Beach. Great asmopheric capture. Very serene. It is a tad tilted but maybe you could crop it pp then it would be even better. I like it. Wish I were there.... :) Cat

Wow, the tide was way low!

Folly is a nice beach. Are you a local?

I like Isle of Palms better though (closer) it's more of the locals beach and less tourist, though the surfing is better on Folly.

G

Wow, the tide was way low!

Folly is a nice beach. Are you a local?

I like Isle of Palms better though (closer) it's more of the locals beach and less tourist, though the surfing is better on Folly.

G

No, unfortunately I'm not local, although when I'm done with school I hope to be. :) I did have the pleasure of visiting Isle of Palms (the same day I took this picture) and I like them both equally, although I thought Folly seemed more...I don't know, picturesque I guess. I got some fantastic sunset shots at Folly. Folly Beach seemed more laid back, whereas Isle of Palms was pretty commercialized to me, at least the part I saw. But I'd be happy to be at either one right now! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back