Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Running around with my 35 year old Nikkor 20mm f2.8

excellent star flares
Star Flare_0515.jpeg

taking advantage of wide angle distortion
Birk&Town BW_0524.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a color shot using lens' distortion to my advantage. Depth of field is a little too short at close-focus distances at f8. I'll need to practice w/ this lens to find the best use for it...probably wide landscapes.
20mm angled stairs_0535.jpeg

Last edited:
I think that last of the first set of two would make a nice addition to the city's website :).

Looks like you are nailing the focus on the manual, nice job

Which model of 20 mm lens is it? Does it use a 52 or a 72 mm filter size?

That starburst in the first one is indeed fantastic. While manual lenses can be challenging they are fun to use and satisfying when you get a result. Well done.

I owned this lens, it was a great performer on film. But as I transitioned to digital it was not as good for me and I sold it off. It does exhibit moderate CA and I found the corners were soft even though this lens employs CRC, the 14-24mm F2.8G outperforms it. The size and weight along with the field of view is wonderful though.

I owned this lens, it was a great performer on film. But as I transitioned to digital it was not as good for me and I sold it off. It does exhibit moderate CA and I found the corners were soft even though this lens employs CRC, the 14-24mm F2.8G outperforms it. The size and weight along with the field of view is wonderful though.
Yes the corners are a bit soft. When focusing I find I have to be mindful to not focus only on the center but also sometimes shifting focus to the edges and using an appropriate f-stop.

Here's an example where I have to pay close attention to the corners when focusing to get the best from it and still not perfect. But the lens is still stellar in most situations.
tunnel_1832.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back