Footprints - CC Please Huntington Beach Cali

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the horizon needs to be straigtened... But I dont know how to do this. If someone can help me with that and tell me how you did it in PS I would greatly appreciate it....This is HDRish if you couldnt tell. Don't know if the type works or should I take it out.

4criten4.jpg

I like it..it has sort of a different feel to it..more than HDR. I can't put my finger on it though.

To straighten the horizon, open it up in PhotoShop and go to Image -> Rotate (I think..doing it from memory at the moment). There is an option to do it arbitrarily by degrees. 1 or 2 degrees counter-clockwise should probably take care of it.

I like it..it has sort of a different feel to it..more than HDR. I can't put my finger on it though.

To straighten the horizon, open it up in PhotoShop and go to Image -> Rotate (I think..doing it from memory at the moment). There is an option to do it arbitrarily by degrees. 1 or 2 degrees counter-clockwise should probably take care of it.

Thanks JDS.. Will this rotate the whole photo? OR can I select parts?

If you want to rotate parts of the photos, make a selection and then use 'Transform'...just hold the cursor outside of the selection and it will turn into a curved arrow.

To straighten an image, use the measure tool (it's a ruler, buried under the eye dropper button). Click on a point on something that should be horizontal or vertical...then click on a 2nd point along that same line. Then go to Image/Rotate and select arbitrary. The proper rotation angle will already be in the box so just hit OK.

Thanks Mike for y9our help. I just did it.. So I need everyone to pretend the image is straight... Image shack is down once again for me.. YEAAA image shack

i think this is great. where was it taken?

Huntington Beach, California. Thats where my husband was born and raised. It was our daughter's first time there .. so its a very special day. :)

cool sounds glamourous.

im in devon england

Hey zendianah...Thanks for sharing a lovely moment. I can see what the others are saying about the horizon. At first I didn't catch it but the more you look at the rooflines, it is apparant. And some good info on correcting. All I knew was to rotate the entire image.

I don't like to be critical of someone I respect and particularly of a special moment their image has on them...but if I may. The title is almost spot on. Personally, I would have liked to see a bit more of the foreground that shows a trail of footprints. Secondly, the text you added actually covers any footprints they may have made. Please bear in mind that this is just IMO.

It's a really nice capture.

I like it! Just straighten the horizon like you said, and personally, I would lose the typeface completely, I dont think it really serves much of a purpose, and it kind of takes away from the most important subject, your daughter and her father. I like how the bottom of her left foot is facing the camera. A minor detail that really brings the picture out. I would also adjust the color balance and play with levels and see what you get.

Cheers!

Hey zendianah...Thanks for sharing a lovely moment. I can see what the others are saying about the horizon. At first I didn't catch it but the more you look at the rooflines, it is apparant. And some good info on correcting. All I knew was to rotate the entire image.

I don't like to be critical of someone I respect and particularly of a special moment their image has on them...but if I may. The title is almost spot on. Personally, I would have liked to see a bit more of the foreground that shows a trail of footprints. Secondly, the text you added actually covers any footprints they may have made. Please bear in mind that this is just IMO.

It's a really nice capture.

My thoughts exactly :) Its such a beautiful and intimate shot - i love it, it has a great feel.

Great capture and PP. Could you share your PP secrets you used on this one... I really like this effect.

Thank you Kundalini !! I should not have said it was a special moment. I do want people to be critical.. Thats how I become better. I agree with you about the footprints !! AND thank you for the gentle way that you say things.

I dont mind people saying I suck.. Tell me that... then tell me what you would have done to make it better.

I like it! Just straighten the horizon like you said, and personally, I would lose the typeface completely, I dont think it really serves much of a purpose, and it kind of takes away from the most important subject, your daughter and her father. I like how the bottom of her left foot is facing the camera. A minor detail that really brings the picture out. I would also adjust the color balance and play with levels and see what you get.

Cheers!

I agree .. Type is gone. :) -- I noticed that my daughters leg is yellow. I need to play around with the color

Thank you Kundalini !! I should not have said it was a special moment. I do want people to be critical.. Thats how I become better. I agree with you about the footprints !! AND thank you for the gentle way that you say things.

Don't ever sell yourself short! Just looking at the photo first (which is what I do before reading any explanations) you had captured a special moment indeed. It's obvious that it is a parent/grandparent with their hearts desire in their hand. I love the implication of "I'm here to support you" with the holding of hands, but in the same breath the connection also lends itself to a bit deeper meaning. It tells me by the grandfathers' holding on just slightly (the "C" grip) "I will always be there, but you have to go out and make the world your own." It's the gosamer thread of family life.

I dont mind people saying I suck.. Tell me that... then tell me what you would have done to make it better.
Can we leave that between you and your significant other? :lol:

Most reactions

Back