For Robbins - Gorilla at the Santa Barbara Zoo

Oh, which zoo? San Diego or Los Angeles by chance?

This was the Santa Barbara Zoo. LA was a zoo on it's own--I was in Hollywood during the Maleficent premiere.

GWA. Gorilla with a attitude. Great shots. Ed

Good stuff :hail:

It was an awesome site: He walked up to the window, grabbed a sheet of canvas, laid it down, sat on it, and started chewing on straw.

There just happened to be a bunch of children walk in as soon as it happened, so that was annoying, but the guy would stare in at us and make eye contact; you were inches from his face and could see all the detail and take in the enormity of him. Really cool.

DSC_5758-1.jpg

While that zoo wasn't the largest for sure, and housed my birds than anything, but it was a really cool zoo experience. There were only two exhibits in the entire zoo that were "no shows", the anteaters and a fox. Better than any of my experiences at the National Zoo.

Okay, last one for reals:

Gorilla at Santa Barbara Zoo by The Braineack, on Flickr

Actually one of the first I took. Walked into the viewing area from bright sun without changing my ISO. Shot was at 1/30sec, which really highlights how well the Tamron's VC works.

It was an awesome site: He walked up to the window, grabbed a sheet of canvas, laid it down, sat on it, and started chewing on straw.

There just happened to be a bunch of children walk in as soon as it happened, so that was annoying, but the guy would stare in at us and make eye contact; you were inches from his face and could see all the detail and take in the enormity of him. Really cool.

DSC_5758-1.jpg

While that zoo wasn't the largest for sure, and housed my birds than anything, but it was a really cool zoo experience. There were only two exhibits in the entire zoo that were "no shows", the anteaters and a fox. Better than any of my experiences at the National Zoo.

great shots! This shot could have been fun to capture the children's faces as they enjoyed the gorilla. Children are fun not annoying.
The lady in the frame of the other pic could have been avoided.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back