For Sale: AF-S Nikkor 12-24mm DX 4.0 G ED Lens

you definately are missing something josh...........

This lens says US 360556 stamped on it - see photo below, which means it is a USA lens and you can see the paperwork in my photos which also says the same serial number. The paperwork also says "This is your NIKON Inc One Year Limited Warranty (valid in the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands).

Perhaps you should learn the definition of what "Grey Market" actually means, HINT - it doesn't refer to the color of the box.

12-24e.jpg

Nikon offers a 5-year warranty on their USA lenses. The warranty papers with your lens will not cover anything as Nikon USA will not honor it. My 12-24 is grey market from B&H and it has the "US" before the serial code on the lens as well. I can take a picture of it and show you a screen shot of the invoice that shows it's "imported" if you would like. It's the only grey market item I own because at the time there was a significant price difference between the two.

Bottom line, your lens is grey market. I suggest you edit your post so buyers are aware of it.

For future reference, yes it does matter what color the box is. If you had a USA model it would be a gold box. Maybe YOU should learn YOUR facts.

Last edited:
12-24f.jpg

non USA lenses do not come with THIS warranty card. Go away and stop wasting my otherwise nice sunday.

Really? Strange... Mine came with the same one and it is sitting right in front of me. Shall I take a picture of it for you along with the lens serial number and the invoice showing that it is imported?

I have seen quite a few Nikon 12-24mm in the gray box before and remember doing some research on it before. It turns out that a good majority of the USA Nikon 12-24mm lenses were sent in the gray box and had nothing to do with being gray market. Here is a thread from a few years back discussing it.

USA-warranty lens in plain gray and black box? - Photo.net Nikon Forum

So even if you don't agree with the price this indeed appears to be a USA lens.

I have seen quite a few Nikon 12-24mm in the gray box before and remember doing some research on it before. It turns out that a good majority of the USA Nikon 12-24mm lenses were sent in the gray box and had nothing to do with being gray market. Here is a thread from a few years back discussing it.

Either his is grey market or mine is not, even though I purchased an Imported lens. Either one is fine with me :lol:

Good luck with the sale, although I suggest you lower your price. Have a good one.

Either his is grey market or mine is not, even though I purchased an Imported lens. Either one is fine with me :lol:

Good luck with the sale, although I suggest you lower your price. Have a good one.

The poor guy probably did buy the lens for the price he said. The issue is tha local stores do charge more for Lenses. I bought my first lens( 50 1.8 ) for 189.00 I found out BH sells it for like 119 or so. Maybe he bought it for that price and they guy he bought it from new the mark up. If he wants to "attempt" to sell it for that high Ebay would be a better option. This is a great place to buy and sell gear but no one is gonna pay anything high. People know their stuff on here and people wont be ripped off. Newbs buy on Ebay... And Ebay might actually get that high for it.
I offered a real price as I am looking for a wide angle but I would pay over $700 for this (MAX) When brand new it is $999.... Im gonna buy brand new before I buy used....People are not that dumb.

Mr OP....Sorry you got ripped off buying your lens but you way over paid.

Sorry dude.

Most reactions

Back