For the mods.

gendarmee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Almost every second say there is a new thread about suggestions about a new entry level d SLR mostly D40 vs 400D etc...
Why don't you guys merge all similar threads or make the most informative thread sticky?

I think the real question is... why aren't people using the search?

I think the responsability of what people post is their responsability. The mods are not here to monitor each and every post and hand hold and spoon feed people to tell them what or how to do this so elementary.

The method to seach BEFORE posting is a basic premise that should be used on ALL forums, not just here.

Yes, mods or admins here, but we are not here every second to go merge threads ... we are human beings with lives, surprise-surprise.

Come take a look for yourself, Chris, if you don't believe me! The invitation is there! (Out for EVERYBODY! Just let me know you're coming ... to where? Check out my sig).

I've been meaning to put some of the better threads or recommended google searches as links in my sig but have just been too lazy. the big one on why not to buy the D40 is one of them. Another is "crop factor" stuff. Then a google link to "understanding exposure". there's a thread here on that, too.

I think the real question is... why aren't people using the search?
Bingo!

Most people are too lazy to do the work themselves...and they just want people to answer their questions for them. There isn't much that hasn't been asked (and answered) before. And even though the models of cameras are changing...the advice is always the same. Go back three years and read a thread about the D70 vs the 20D....it's all the same.

The same people that are too lazy to use the search....are also too lazy to read the stickies.

And of course, there is always this...
http://www.googleityoumoron.com/
:lol: :er:

Bingo!

Most people are too lazy to do the work themselves...and they just want people to answer their questions for them. There isn't much that hasn't been asked (and answered) before. And even though the models of cameras are changing...the advice is always the same. Go back three years and read a thread about the D70 vs the 20D....it's all the same.

The same people that are too lazy to use the search....are also too lazy to read the stickies.

:lol: :er:

So what are the major differences between the D40 & 400D?
:playball:

Well, that was a suggestion, can have 3-5 sticky threads on the first beginner's place.
As a new noob, one tends to start a new thread on a topic coz one feels it the first time one is asking/encountering it.
Thats some thing I've noticed on the forum I moderate and similar thing here too. Its easy to blame the guys for ignorance and not searching.
A simple informative thread about amateur dSLR's made sticky can help the forum save on server usage, which over time would cost something extra & also would help the noob's to a great extent.
One can either be a part of the problem or the solution.Think about it.
We also have a Feedback and Suggestions forum, which is where posts like yours belong. It is not reasonable to expect moderators to look for suggestion threads in any forum other than what was created for that purpose.

Its easy to blame the guys for ignorance and not searching.
This has the advantage of being accurate, as well. ;)

Yep that for a fact the best way to do it & a lot of guys do it, probably more than the ones starting new threads.
Those who do it never get counted though, its the other lot which gets noticed coz of the new threads!
That's probably correct...and I think we should cater to the people who do it right...rather than to add/change things to accommodate the people who don't.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back