Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/9.0
ISO 400
1/250 Sec.
58 mm f/1.4G
58 mm

OCF Right SB 910 With Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox & OCF Left SB 910 With Nikon Diffusion Filter - Using Phottix/Odin II System.

(Processed In LR & PS)

20200517-untitled-2-Edit.jpg

"Smile It's A Nikon..."
D850
f/9.0
ISO 400
1/250 Sec.
58 mm f/1.4G
58 mm

OCF Right SB 910 With Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox & OCF Left SB 910 With Nikon Diffusion Filter - Using Phottix/Odin II System.

(Processed In LR & PS)

20200517-untitled-1-3-Edit.jpg

I am a little disappointed in these but I learned couple things like either fill the vase or don't use water... lol

Also, I think instead of using the Rapid Box, I should have used umbrellas...next time......

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

Last edited:
Technically, they're fine, but to be honest, they feel a bit 'flat' in the lighting, and the compositions don't seem to make sense.

Technically, they're fine, but to be honest, they feel a bit 'flat' in the lighting, and the compositions don't seem to make sense.

@tirediron I agree 100% they are flat.....I wonder if I used my umbrellas instead of the rapid box would the results be different?

Also I I use a boomer & use a soft box right-over the subject would the results be different....

(I don't have a boomer, but I can get one...)

Please advise & cheers,

Enezdez

My starting point would probably be two lights; key 30-40 degrees off-axis on whichever side, and then maybe 10-15 degrees off axis at 1.5 stops below key. I might also play around with some warming gels to accentuate the tones of the whisky. Honestly, not sure where I'd end up (likely with about eight lights knowing the way I work), but that's where I'd start. I don't think you'd notice much of a difference between the rapid box and an umbrella, and as for going overhead. If you brought the light in very close to the subject and worked the inverse square law to advantage it might yield some interesting results.

My starting point would probably be two lights; key 30-40 degrees off-axis on whichever side, and then maybe 10-15 degrees off axis at 1.5 stops below key. I might also play around with some warming gels to accentuate the tones of the whisky. Honestly, not sure where I'd end up (likely with about eight lights knowing the way I work), but that's where I'd start. I don't think you'd notice much of a difference between the rapid box and an umbrella, and as for going overhead. If you brought the light in very close to the subject and worked the inverse square law to advantage it might yield some interesting results.

@tirediron Thanks going to refer to this post I a couple weeks or so when I try again....

Most reactions

Back