Forecasting Fall

yup, the leaf is perfect in the centre.
if I was to get really picky, I guess I would say it looks like there is too much light coming from the upper right corner, and it even caused a little over exposed spot on the mirror frame. but thats if I get picky :D

Thanks guys! :)

AlisonS, you are right, this does break the rule of thirds. To tell the truth, I don't really think about the rule of thirds when I compose. I just line up the shot so it looks interesting to my eye. I don't think there is another way to frame this shot really. It just needs to be centered. It's more of a portrait I think.

Thanks Pilgrim. I'm going to upload the 10x10 to DA and have it ready for print very soon. I agree with what you said about the light from the upper right. I had the room light overhead, and a desk lamp position top right of the picture, just out of frame, shining on the table and the leaf, and consequently part of the mirror. It seemed to be the best spot to place the light out of the ones I tried. Some of the light bounced off the back of the mirror and onto the background and made interesting shadows, which I liked. I held a reflector just to the lower right of the frame which lessened the shadow on the leaf quite a bit. Another light would have helped probably.

aaaamazing... you scared me with this because I didn't eve think about this kind of ... composition? Wonderful... you're brilliant

Aww thanks mentos. You are too kind :) I didn't think about this composition either. I was just going to take a shot of the leaf on the wood table because I liked the contrast of the two textures and colors. The mirror was sitting there and it sparked my imagination :)

hey, i just wanted to tell that i like all your works...that one is great too, but i find most of your pics just perfect!
great shots!-:)

Very artistic type shot you have here Matt. What I like about it is that most of the picture is a similar color and then the sudden red leaf in the middle. It makes for a good contrast. The only picky thing I would change is to brighten up the lower left corner a bit. The shadow effect actually looks good and I don't think you should get rid of it, but in my opinion it's a bit harsh in comparision to the rest of the lighting. Either that or darken the right area just a tad, but I it's still good as it is.

Cool picture, Matt. I love your style!

Thanks alot for your thoughtful critique Harpper. A big thank you to photong and core)17 as well :)

Did you buy a copy from Deviant Prints? Cool, thanks! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back