Forget me not- why I love the old and slow Fuji 60mm macro

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It might struggle with AF in low light or low contrast situations but the dreamy way the 60mm renders backgrounds for flower photos just cannot be beat IMO. Just the right amount of blur and contrast for my taste! Every time I think about “trading up” on this lens I just can’t do it.

delicate spring blooms by SharonCat..., on Flickr

That is a gorgeous picture. I love the complimentary yellows and blues. I see why you love the lens. Nominated for April POTM.

Last edited:
I occasionally use the term "wall hanger" to mean that's a great shot.

Seriously though, you need to have this professionally printed, mounted, framed, and hang on your wall, it is a beautiful image.

That is a gorgeous picture. I love the complimentary yellows and blues. I see why you love the lens. Nominated for April POTM.
Thanks very much!

I occasionally use the term "wall hanger" to mean that's a great shot.

Seriously though, you need to have this professionally printed, mounted, framed, and hang on your wall, it is a beautiful image.
Thanks! I am way overdue for some new prints! I took almost everything down when we painted last summer and have been procrastinating about rehanging or ordering some new stuff.

A lens I have used a lot and like. That a nice image as well.

Thank you.
Very nice shot. Proves you don't need fast glass for a great shot of a slow subject.
Thanks! Don’t need fast glass just younger knees or longer arms!

That is a gorgeous shot! Wonderful composition! I really like the bokeh and dof that lens creates.
Thanks! This was the lens that let me let go of Nikon. After I found this one used and tried it out, I finally sold my ex love - the Nikon 105mm.

The colors are wonderful. The out of focus area looks creamy. I'd say that lens is a keeper!

Thanks! Don’t need fast glass just younger knees or longer arms!
Have you tried carrying one of those cheap, gardening foam kneeling pads? They are lightweight, have a built in handle hole for carrying or easy attachment to a backpack, and have helped me even in small gravel.

So pretty. Suspect you'd agree that Fujinon glass is wildly underrated? Cheers

Nice shot. I see why you love that lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back