Forgotten

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was lying next to where I parked my Motorhome at the fishery in the Cairngorms earlier this week. Couldn't resist taking a few snaps of it.

When I see old stuff like this I always try to imagine all the hands that worked the thing in it's hay day.

B Forgotten-1.jpg

B Forgotten-2.jpg

Nice find and capture. I prefer the black and white. Nice work.

Black and white is better. Nice photo set. =]

Yeah, but the color is unexpected and quite interesting I think. Nice.

Yeah, but the color is unexpected and quite interesting I think. Nice.

I must admit I prefer the colour, it shows or adds to the sense of the age of the thing once being red and now all faded to pink. I don't think this comes across as strongly in the B+W conversion.

Thanks for the comments.

Nice set. I like both. I have a thing for different colors of tractors and I don't know why, I just do. That's a nice old, red one with a good sun fade.

Last edited:
Thanks K. Appreciated.

I think I would prefer the color, but on my screen the red of the tractor seems off as does the yellow of the rims. Judging by the red on the frame, I would expect the color to be faded but not magenta pink. It could also use a 1/2 stop more exposure. If you have Lr, try using the HSL panel and the targeted adjustment tool to pull down the Luminance of pink areas, it will quickly fall into a more compatible color with the rest of the tractor.

I think I would prefer the color, but on my screen the red of the tractor seems off as does the yellow of the rims. Judging by the red on the frame, I would expect the color to be faded but not magenta pink. It could also use a 1/2 stop more exposure. If you have Lr, try using the HSL panel and the targeted adjustment tool to pull down the Luminance of pink areas, it will quickly fall into a more compatible color with the rest of the tractor.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I didn't adjust the WB so maybe should have. The version of Lightroom I have is the very old version 5 I think, the standalone so I'm no expert on it.

Thanks for the assistance, I'll maybe revisit it later or I might be back there in the next couple of weeks so might try again. I don't think it'll be moving very far:D

I didn't adjust the WB so maybe should have. The version of Lightroom I have is the very old version 5 I think, the standalone so I'm no expert on it.

It's actually a combination of White Balance and the luminosity of the faded paint vs the more saturated non faded areas. It's been awhile since I had version 5 but as I recall it had the Eye Dropper tool. A lot of times in differing ambient light the camera gets fooled. I make it practice to carry my White/Black/Gray cards on a cord around my neck when I'm out. I leave the camera on Auto WB but when the light conditions change, I'll fan them out and snap a quick shot of them. Back at the computer I use the eye dropper in LR to sample one of the three for the best color, then sync the others to it.

I didn't adjust the WB so maybe should have. The version of Lightroom I have is the very old version 5 I think, the standalone so I'm no expert on it.

It's actually a combination of White Balance and the luminosity of the faded paint vs the more saturated non faded areas. It's been awhile since I had version 5 but as I recall it had the Eye Dropper tool. A lot of times in differing ambient light the camera gets fooled. I make it practice to carry my White/Black/Gray cards on a cord around my neck when I'm out. I leave the camera on Auto WB but when the light conditions change, I'll fan them out and snap a quick shot of them. Back at the computer I use the eye dropper in LR to sample one of the three for the best color, then sync the others to it.

I'll have to check the WB setting. I was shooting birds in bright conditions so as you say the WB could be part of the issue. I'm guilty of not using AWB and not changing it when I should. I rarely up the sats in PP and didn't do it here but did up the luminosity in LR. I'll certainly have a dabble with the dropper in LR the next time. Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back