Formal picture for a friend, C&C welcome.

julianliu

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.cornerstoneimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend asked me to take a kind of formal picture for her so she can use it for LinkedIn profile. Anyway, I used one light with a 70-200 mm lens to snap several pictures for her. Below are the results. We got some shots more formal with her wearing black suits but these are the ones she liked. What do you think? How to improve them?

Profile Pic-1.jpg

Profile Pic-2.jpg

Profile Pic-3.jpg

Profile Pic-4.jpg

Profile Pic-5.jpg

Profile Pic-7.jpg

For Linkedin, the image will be VERY small, so reduce the size of all of these and re-post them. These are actually too large to evaluate on-screen on this monitor, in a web page.

I've shot Linkedin profile images for business people before; you want to evaluate the images SMALL, because the images seen on Linkedin are more about the gestalt of the image than they are on fine details and nuances. I'm not kidding about any of this either. An image that looks good as a small image is a good image for an on-line profile image.

3 and 5 are good for a LinkedIn profile. All shots have very good lightning and colours so there's not much to say.

I don't know anything about LinkedIn but lovely images of pretty subject.

I agree with Derrel's suggestion.

Also; since I'm unfamiliar with Linkedin, what kind of photos would one post there? IOW: What is the reason for it?

I agree with Derrel's suggestion.

Also; since I'm unfamiliar with Linkedin, what kind of photos would one post there? IOW: What is the reason for it?

It is a social network more aimed at business and career networking.

Love #3. Definitely resize the images and then judge.

For Linkedin, the image will be VERY small, so reduce the size of all of these and re-post them. These are actually too large to evaluate on-screen on this monitor, in a web page.

I've shot Linkedin profile images for business people before; you want to evaluate the images SMALL, because the images seen on Linkedin are more about the gestalt of the image than they are on fine details and nuances. I'm not kidding about any of this either. An image that looks good as a small image is a good image for an on-line profile image.

Thanks for the advice, Derrel. Are you saying these photos can be framed differently to make them more appeal when looking at them as small images as online profile pictures? I mean, I see lots of such online profile pictures and they look good to me. Can it be fixed by cropping?

Cropping is not the same as down-sizing. Go ahead and downsize these just as they are to see what they look like small.

I am not sure whether reduce the size would help you to judge the photos, but here they are. Added one with suits. Actually #3 is my favorite, not hers.

Profile Pic-1.jpg

Profile Pic-2.jpg

Profile Pic-3.jpg

Profile Pic-4.jpg

Profile Pic-5.jpg

Profile Pic-7.jpg

Profile Pic-6.jpg

I found the photo requirements:

"Your photo is probably not compliant with *all* of the requirements for a LinkedIn photo, which is causing the timeout. The requirements for a LinkedIn profile photo are as follows:

1. You can upload JPG, GIF or PNG files.
2. File size - 4MB maximum.
3. Pixel size: 80 x 80 minimum and 500 x 500 maximum.

Your photo must meet all of the requirements. Having the dimensions square (e.g. 500x500) helps.

If you have no other way of sizing your photo, you should download IrfanView, which is a freeware image viewing and editing program (IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide)."

For Linked in, I would button up one more button and pull the collar forward or shirt down so the collar is against the back of her neck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back