Forty Pound Mutant Jumping Spider!

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just kidding.... but I did get some Jumper shots today! Comments welcome!

The board above the spider is a standard cedar 1" x 8" (slightly warped fenced board) to give some idea of the size of this little cutie!
$_DSC1716-crop1200.jpg

Same spider with a bit more close up and a crop...
$_DSC1704-crop1200.jpg

Different jumper.. this one was almost 1/2" long... but didn't want to cooperate!
$!_DSC1722-crop1200.jpg

Last edited:
Close up for all the spider lovers out there! lol!

$close-up.jpg

yuck. lol very cool to see but i do NOT like bugs.

yuck. lol very cool to see but i do NOT like bugs.

hahaha... that's ok! You don't have to like them... just appreciate what they do for you! These guys eat about a billion mosquitos and other pests every day!

I like the first one the best. less diffraction.

I like the first one the best. less diffraction.

Yep.. that whole small aperture / maximum DOF thing! lol! Hard to get these guys to hold still long enough to stack... I may have to try and figure out how to get a 60 image stack of one of these guys... might be difficult though! ;)

Awesome, Charlie--you know I do love your bug shots (and blame you for my own little bug habit...haha), but I gotta admit...I'm kinda glad this was NOT a 40-pound jumping spider. :biglaugh:

Even though it's the least "macro" of the bunch, I really love the first one, nice composition. Also--that spider kinda looks like it has eyebrows! :lmao:

Awesome, Charlie--you know I do love your bug shots (and blame you for my own little bug habit...haha), but I gotta admit...I'm kinda glad this was NOT a 40-pound jumping spider. :biglaugh:

Even though it's the least "macro" of the bunch, I really love the first one, nice composition. Also--that spider kinda looks like it has eyebrows! :lmao:

Thanks Sharon! I like #1 the best also...

Awwwww... :lovey: He looks so cute and cuddly.

Awwwww... :lovey: He looks so cute and cuddly.

Thanks! It is amazing how such a voracious and deadly predator (thankfully, a very small one) can be perceived as cute due to those big, beautiful eyes, isn't it! lol!

Indeed. That second one looks like he is doing the puppy dog eyes with the "I am sorry I ate the cat, you still love me right?" expression.

Try petting her she my like a back scratch.Good spidy shots.

Most reactions

Back