What's new

Fot those who it may concern

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Photo removed
 
Last edited:
I love the photo, but not so much on the Jesus ghost, or whoever/whatever he is.

Don't get me wrong; I get what you're doing with this. I just think this is such a beautiful image, and the super-imposed spiritual figure detracts from the simple beauty of it.
Since religion is a taboo topic on the forum, I cannot really convey to you how much I agree with the sentiment you are expressing, but I think the photo expressed that anyway, without anything added. :D
 
I love the photo, but not so much on the Jesus ghost, or whoever/whatever he is. Don't get me wrong; I get what you're doing with this. I just think this is such a beautiful image, and the super-imposed spiritual figure detracts from the simple beauty of it.

This. I think the picture would be much better without the "ghost" in there.
 
Dislike it. It is a photography forum, not digital graphics or something else. Landscape itself interesting, study in contre-jour, but the colours in the background too predictable. All together is not to interesting, nothing is going on. Accept for your addition.
 
I like the image, but I really don't think its appropriate for a photo forum, since a non photo element was added. Its not like it was a composite done of two photos. Still, I do like it.
 
Yeap, me too... Picture is great and the shape of the silhouette is perfectly defined - so I don't see a reason to add anything to it, regardless if it's a religious image or anything else.
 
Ok guys I see your point.

Photo removed.
 
Maybe it's my idea, but it seems you missed our point. Don't really see the need to remove it, these are just opinions after all.
 
Yeah, there was really no need to remove it. Nobody was offended by it or anything. In fact, I think it's a beautiful photo; I just think--in my opinion--that what you added to it took away from the beauty and underlying message of the original photo.

But, as LizardKing said, those are OUR opinions. It's YOUR photo. If you disagree with the prevailing opinion and still LIKE it the way it is, leave it alone.
If you agree with the prevailing opinion, instead of just deleting it, how about leaving the original up and then posting a revised version without the shadow figure added and see what people think.
 
# Actually i was sure that this image would receive many allergic responses when i saw it.....
# No art is running now in exclusive tracks; so i don't see anything wrong somebody added some graphix to his/her works; that can be appreciated/accepted/forgiven/ignored as the way one feels about it
# Once a photograph is commented /evaluated it is not fair to withdraw it, because those who visit later would wonder what this all about? (of course, if there is something very harmful to human ethics, that must be removed)
I say this all in a friendly attitude, because i am seldom out of that attitude when i am active here ;)

Regards :D
 
As I said above, I really liked the image. However my first thought was, that you were going to get a lot of negative reactions based on the the figure alone; its likely any other object might not have mattered. I think the image would actually make a beautiful insprataional type greeting card. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom