Fotorix Studio - My Pro Wildlife Photography

What about My Shot?

• Total voters
No this is classed as CAPTIVE not wildlife

You are 100% right ,these are pictures of a category of wildlife called captive wildlife

I fail to see how its a debate - to me its like trying to say studio photography and street photography are the same thing because they both happen to (typically) involve people as the main subject. Zoo/captive is very different in shooting to wildlife - yes similar skills come into play and yes they might well be the same species as your subjects; but they are very different arts to master with each having its own pitfalls and difficulties.

As I said before its not a criticism on the photos where they were taken, its the label one attaches to them that is important and the main point of my stance.

Its ok but you change the whole thread into totally different debate unfortunately....

You need to retitle the first cheetah shot in this second set - its not ferocious its laughing ;)
Have to say I prefer your second set - you've stepped back a little (esp from the heavy vignetting) and its working well. First panther shot in this second series works really well also!

You've got some good shots, some of the post processing wasn't my style but I especially like Oll`ee and the laughing cheetah.

To people getting all bent out of shape about the definition of wildlife photography - that isn't what this thread is about! So if you want to continue to debate about the ethics and issues surrounding wildlife photography then start a new thread.

I opened this thread expect "pro" wildlife photography.
These are zoo shots.

I opened this thread expect "pro" wildlife photography.
These are zoo shots.

I am Inside the Leopard Cheetah Cage and ook these shots.. !

It's still a zoo shot ;) though now I'm darn jealous! ;) :)

Also I'm liking this new turn toward more minimal processing of the shots overall. Not that I'm against a more heavy edit, but I can see a shift away from trying to cover the bars/cage elements of the early shots with heavy editing - to these newer shots where you've relied more upon the shot at the time to get the impact.

Nice - I'd go in and selectivly sharpen around the eye to really bring out the details - you've razor thin depth around the eye so pulling a bit more sharpness will help focus the viewer on the eye and not as easily see the softer parts surrounding (not saying they are bad, far from it, but the more the eye holds the gaze the better).
I'm also not sure if the middle placement of the eye works - maybe try experimenting with cropping some off the top of the shot to raise the eye up in the frame a little

really like "formidable Hunter" great wildlife capture

Most reactions

Back