Found a mint condition vintage gillette

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is unused, in original packing with unopened blade pack. Pretty awesome! Just 60NOK, which equals to around $10 and £7. Not sure about the model, but I think maybe it's a Gillette Knack. I'm posting these images at BadgerandBlade to hear with some more experienced than myself in determining what this is, and when it was released.

+2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

+2_1 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

+2_2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

+2_3 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

+2_4 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

+2_5 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

+2_6 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Looking forward to try it :)

That's neat :D

Needs 6 blades and 4 lubricating strips.

;)

Yup, and room for a couple of double A battery slots :lmao:

I've found this to be a European version of the Knack, known as a Slim-Twist. It came in late 60's or 70's, based on my replies over at badgerandblade.

This is a TTO razor (twist to open), or a butterfly razor. The head opens up in two wings. Also called a "one piece razor", as you always handle the razor as one big piece. In certain razors, you need to take the head off the handle to change the blade. Those are called three-piece razors: handle + two pieces of the head. Others are two-piece razors, you take the top half of the head off the rest, and place the blade in-between. One-piece razors are very easily changeable, especially with regard to how easy it is to cut oneself. It's normal to say that with increasing number of parts that need to be put together when changing blades, the easier it is to cut oneself. These TTO razors, look great, but are big and bulky. That will make it a little harder for precision shaving, for example under your nose.

This specimen has a very long handle, which some likes. I haven't used such long handles yet, and so I look forward to use it in the morning. I'll be putting a red personna blade in it. I'll be using a Semogue 620 boar brush, also called the Soap Devourer. I didn't pack my soaps for the holidays, so I'll be using my tube of Proraso shave cream. I also brought with me a Gillette Rocket, another TTO razor. :)

/nerdy stuff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back