found an old camera

K1000 also has a cloth shutter, don't point it at the sun by mistake. There is risk of burning a hole in the cloth shutter.

Actually that shouldn't be a problem if the mirror works normally and is in the 'down' position. The SLRs don't have that problem, as the rangefinders do. ;)

There's a whole world of possibilities... without more info it is all speculation.

* Let start by what do you mean by "didn't have any pictures on it?" Does this mean the whole roll was not exposed or over exposed or under exposed?
* does the shutter trip on the camera? it is mechanical so no battery is required
* was the film properly loaded?
* did the cruise ship properly develop the film?

All right on! I would add:

* does the mirror go up and down upon triggering the shutter?

I would suggest dropping in a cheapie film and developing it at a camera store.

OLD Camera!!!!????? Heck, I got my K1000 as a Jr. High graduation present by my grandfather.....oh man, now I FEEL old :( :lol:

Ok, as for the problem of your mothers roll of film not coming out. I had the same thing happen when I first was learning with my K1000. The problem is that the tab end of the film sometimes does not like to stay properly seated in the slot on the advance spindle if you do not take care in loading. It will slip out, and if you don't know any better (like I did) you will go along merrily snapping away, but the film will not be advancing. Then when you rewind and send it out for developing you will have jusy given the developer an unexposed roll of film.

I just bought a Canon EOS ELAN 7NE to speed things up for more "spontaneous" photograpy, but the K1000 is still going afield with me as my "go-to" landscape camera. I love it and would not give it up for the world (and not just because of its sentimental value.)

Brian

Actually that shouldn't be a problem if the mirror works normally and is in the 'down' position. The SLRs don't have that problem, as the rangefinders do. ;)

Oh man.. your right... hehehe... I stand corrected.. I've been shooting exclusively with a rangefinder for the past several months.

Most reactions

Back