Found Cameras, what to do?

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was cleaning out an old dresser that belonged to a deceased relative amd found three old cameras, still in their box.

Brownie Reflex Synchro Model
Imperial Delta Flash Camera
Argus Candid Camera

I was about to throw them out when I remembered people here talking about collecting old cameras, so I thought, 'let me ask.'

So, some research that the Brownie is worth about 10-15$ but I couldn't find anything on the others. Am I better off just tossing them (useless old cameras), or should I take them to a shop or something?

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

eBay it. If not give it to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Maybe they can sell it and garner some cash. Or clean them up and use them if you can get film for them. Heck, I have a Spartus TLR from 1960 that still works on 120 film.

Well they also have an intrinsic value as an operational device and a piece of history. We don't have to attache a dollar value to everything you know. How about their ornamental value as a display piece in a classy glass cabinet in your living room? Or when you have a kid (or friend) that wants to get into the roots of photography. Think of the endearment value that camera will have when you hand it on to them if you so decide. I think never throw away working camera equipment - even if the dollar value is low. If it's part of your working collection then selling up is a different thing but...

I understand what you're saying Bifurcator. Problem is I'm actively trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible, which is why these almost wound up in a trash can. But if I can get a few dollars, or bring them to a shop or something that would appreciate them more than I, that would be great.

I am the guy that doesn't understand ebay, so I leave that option out. Maybe I will donate to Salv Army or so, as Soylent suggests.

Most reactions

Back