P1040692sm.jpg

2. Last to leave

P1040696sm.jpg

3. Apple in a Fir tree

P1040699sm.jpg

4. High-bush cranberries.

P1040685sm.jpg

The 1st 3 don't really do much for me.

The variation in color of the the cranberry bush just screams Fall. Nice crisp detail on the leaves.

I find the third shot quite compelling. It makes me think, "How the heck did that GET there!?!?" The last shot is a near miss for me. I love the beautiful red berries, and the quality of the light itself is lovely and appealing, but the left hand side of the image drops off into darkness rather quickly, and without giving my eye the kind of information and detail I am craving; perhaps the last photo could be re-worked a bit in the way the tone curve represents the shadow values...it's just not quite right...it needs maybe a layer mask or an Apply Image>Screen>85 to lighten up the shadow values about 15 percent or maybe a bit more. Or,maybe it's a white balacne issue, now that I look at the image even longer...the cool values in the shaded parts just are not quite...I dunno...right? The right color temp?

This is a a lovely time of year. I always enjoy seeing the way you commune with nature with your camera and lenses Ron. Yesterday morning, I witnessed the first morning dew on fallen leaves in the grass...

I only have lightroom & I am not a competent user of it but I tried to bring up the shaded part. To me it just lost the pop of the original.

mod-1040685sm.jpg

These were shot with a Soligor 35-70/3.5-4.5.

Well, I envisioned it more like the following shot, which was made from your second, edited shot. I can tell by looking at the original that there's some room in the original shot for editing/tweaking of the settings.

129212003.jpg

this is an edit of your second shot, Ron. I converted the image to an sRGB profile, and added 15 points of saturation, and in Selective Color, added a little bit more emphasis to the reds. This might be a bit too far, but then, I was working off of a small,edited JPEG file, which you had already edited...working from the source file would of course leave more room for editing changes.

That looks good but I do not think it can be done in Lightroom even if I knew how. I have to try & get close in camera to make up for my lack of editing skill.

I do not know Lightroom....does it have a Vibrance setting? Maybe a tad more Vibrance could help. Or a gentle tweak on the curves... I too am very minimalist when it comes to editing and post production work...I do not do very much except the basics--RGB levels, curves, sharpening, minor,minor tweaks. There must be 100 million people who are more adept at post processing than I am.

4 is pretty and turned out nice after edited Derrel,They both are great

lr does indeed have a vibrance setting. :thumbup:

i like your edit D...a tiny bit too far on the sat for my personal liking, but im seeing nice details that were missing in the 1st 2.

That looks good but I do not think it can be done in Lightroom even if I knew how. I have to try & get close in camera to make up for my lack of editing skill.

I don't have LR2 installed anymore, and can't remember if it's exactly the same, but in LR3, there is an option in the Develop module titled "HSL / Color / B&W." You want HSL selected to edit the Hue, Saturation and Luminance. Saturation and Luminence are the ones you want to play with to get the same effect. It's a simplified version of Selective Color from regular Photoshop. Pump up the saturation level for different colors and see the effects they have.

There are also overal Vibrance and Saturation sliders at the top. Each affects the image a little differently, so its another thing to play with. :thumbup:

It can definitely be done in lightroom... I learned photoshop from a "for dummies" book.... They make it for Lightroom as well, and I think its great literature for easy learning, I use it for any new equipment or software that I get.

Most reactions

Back