four new ones for cc

er111a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
as always thank you for looking and your thoughts :)
1)
lilly.jpg

2)
floewer.jpg

3)
flower.jpg

4)
Funky-1.jpg

i really only like the last one, and i wish there was a deeper dof. Still, a nice shot.

#3 is my favorite (good job backing on the PS) :)

I like #4 as well, but it seems a bit OOF to me...

I like the second shot, the flower shot: I wish you would rotate it a couple of degrees clockwise, to straighten up the stem of the flower. Overall, I think that's kind of a neat photo.

On number one I think it would have been better had the one flower completely bloomed. As it is, there is too much of the same color, not a lot of pop coming from that one tiny bloom, well almost bloom. Maybe once it's fully bloomed, zoom in a little closer and don't bullseye it maybe....

You asked so I said what I felt... but not a pro so take it for what it's worth...lol Just what I would try.. :)
I like the others a lot ;)

Why did you shoot the first one in shutter priority, 1/2000 f/1.4?

Try shooting this kinda stuff with aperture priority. That way you are making a creative choice with DoF.
Shooting in shutter priority takes away your control of DoF.

Shutter priority is more for sports and moving things.

Why did you shoot the first one in shutter priority, 1/2000 f/1.4?

Try shooting this kinda stuff with aperture priority. That way you are making a creative choice with DoF.
Shooting in shutter priority takes away your control of DoF.

Shutter priority is more for sports and moving things.

I just wanted to mention that I figured that out all by myself a few weeks ago :) haha! :)

/end boast :)

1 seems oof to me. might just be me and as bitter said do a little DoF on it and maybe a little color diversity. 2 is pretty cool. Glad you toned down the PP on your posts. 3 looks a little blurry but a nice shot. 4 I think you have more focus on the right flower and not the bigger subject. maybe stop down a little and go for more in focus.
All pretty good tho i enjoyed them.

haha, I had to come look at this thread after the reference to you in "make your photos look pro"

Most reactions

Back