Fractals (56k? Come back tomorrow)

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not something I have the time for these days but I used to spend hours and hours trying to produce pleasing fractal patterns. I know they're a bit old hat these days but I've always had a fascination for them (hence the avatar). They're just so organic and have deep links with, well ... everything! Anyway, here are the last lot I did (about 2 years ago now).

(Some of them are quite big, soz!)

1. Snail
Snail.jpg

2. Sol B.
Sol%20B.jpg

3. Thorn
Thorn.jpg

4. Organ
Valve.jpg

5. Alien Birth
alien.jpg

6. Breath
breath.jpg

7. Droplets
droplets.jpg

8. Galaxy
galaxy.jpg

9. Garden
garden.jpg

10 Long Dark Tunnel
l%20d%20tunnel.jpg

11. Shell
shell.jpg

12. Sier
sier.jpg

Cheers,

Mohain

Interesting series mohain.... i use to play around in ps in a similar way. but not with such intense patterns. I especially like the alien birth, the droplets and the shell ones... good job :thumbup:

i just spent 15 minutes watching your fractals! Love them all

thse are mental... I just love looking at these, and i gotta say your fractals are some of the most interesting i've seen in a long time. the first one is probably my favorite... so complex and so beautiful :)
I say we should have these as the next avatar theme... btw, mind if i use "thorn" for a little time?
btw2: I used to have a program to generate fractals, but i didn't understand a damn in there... what did you use?

Alexandra said:
I say we should have these as the next avatar theme... btw, mind if i use "thorn" for a little time?
btw2: I used to have a program to generate fractals, but i didn't understand a damn in there... what did you use?

Hi alexandra,

Sure, you can use anything you like! Fill your boots!! I have a whole load more on my PC, perhaps I should get a little gallery going.

The program I used for this is called Ultra Fractal www.ultrafractal.com There is a free demo but it puts a horrible watermark across the image. As I said before it takes a good while of mucking around and lots of tutorials are needed to get anywhere with it, but it does have the option of outputting your final image at any resolution you want (although massive resolutions take hours and hours to do)! The good thing about it is that there is/was a large community of 'heads' constantly adding new formulas and maps that you can download directly into the program but it gets to the stage where there is an overwhelming choice of options available. If I get a gallery together I'll link it here and feel free to help yourself or let me know if you want a certain image at a certain size and I'll see what I can do!

Cheers,

Mohain

Most reactions

Back