Frank Morris' cell in Alcatraz

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I've been revisiting some of my old shots. This one was of Frank Morris' cell in Alcatraz, shot it on my trip to San Fran. He was the inspiration for the movie "Escape From Alcatraz" with Clint Eastwood... Anyway, I've been playing with some editing so feel free to C&C...

Last edited:
I like it. How tight is the crop? I think if you could see the side-walls of the cell it would give it a better perspective.

I really do like it, but I think its a tad crooked, both horizonally and vertically. Maybe its just distorted. I do agree that the other wall would be nice to have in there, it would have made the room more symmetrical.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, this was one of my first trips with my DSLR, and I really didn't have a firm grasp on the controls. I shot this at 28mm, so its not cropped at all. Now if I had my 10mm sigma then, I would have been set :) but for me, posting this was more about editing... As for it looking tilted, I found it impossible to line up, maybe its be, but if the shelves on the right were straight, the bed was off, if the sink was straight, the shelves were off. If the sink was straight, everything looked off... LOL... So I'm not really sure if there is a way to make it look level, perhaps there is, and I just don't know how to do it... Anyway, again, thanks for the feedback, its always appreciated...

Most reactions

Back