Fraudulent canon 1ds Mark iii?

BoverC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey people, I've been trying to buy a canon for our business but i recently decided to go for the 1ds mark ii because the mark iii has been taking too long.

i wanted to share something with all of u and get your thoughts...

when i was searching for the mark iii, i called a place called broadwayphoto . com and they told me they had some!

i was really excited, until he asked me if i wanted a magnesium or a plastic body. i researched a bit, to explain the 1500 price difference, and found out the plastic body is potentially fraudulent!

the salesman told me it was from overseas, from china. this is BS right?

I haven't heard anything about this but I don't imagine Canon would be making their highest end camera with a plastic body regardless of where it was made so yes, I would guess fradulent.

thanks for the post matt, that website spelled it out perfectly

I only buy my gear from B&H or ritz. Ritz is local, so if it's the same price, i don't have to pay shipping and B&H is always good, every time.

B&H, Adorama, Ritz, & Newegg are about the only places other then local that I will purchase the really good/expensive photography equipment I use. As far as stands and some lighting things I'll use ebay...but when you're purchasing a 4k+ camera, please buy from a reputable source.

Yeah, site like those are fulll of crap. Deal with the more reputable ones. As an added note, the 1D's only come in magnesium bodies. Hence their legendary durablity. All of Canon's stuff is from overseas. Last I checked Japan was over there too. It might be assembled in China or Taiwan though with Japanese components.

i was really excited, until he asked me if i wanted a magnesium or a plastic body. i researched a bit, to explain the 1500 price difference, and found out the plastic body is potentially fraudulent!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
That made my day. I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the situation. I understand these scams may work on a cheaper camera. But we're talking about a 1Ds MkII here. If Canon released one of those with a plastic body they'd go out of business. I mean the type of people who buy this camera are most likely not the penny pinching types who'd buy from questionable sales people in the first place. Why do they even pretend to stock that item!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
That made my day. I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the situation. I understand these scams may work on a cheaper camera. But we're talking about a 1Ds MkII here. If Canon released one of those with a plastic body they'd go out of business. I mean the type of people who buy this camera are most likely not the penny pinching types who'd buy from questionable sales people in the first place. Why do they even pretend to stock that item!

For the same reason this thing exists. Canon and Nikon are very big names, every scam artist out there wants to get away with slapping one of those names on a peice of **** wanna be camera because they know not everyone knows these things. The mere thought of a Canon at a fraction of the price of the biggest retailers brings enough people to the doors.

Thankfully BoverC was smart enough to realize it did not seem right but, sadly enough there will always be fools who do fall for it.

broadway photo is fraudulent, reseller ratings recently removed 50+ very satisfied bogus comments

Most reactions

New Topics

Back