If it is in vgc with no issues, if it has a focus ring (if it is not push-pull to focus), if it has Macro - I might be interested...
Just thought of this, but it wouldn't happen to be AF-S, would it?
If it were AF-S it would AF focus on his D60.
Duh, I know that,
But I don't know if OP has ever even seen the lens, and if so, not sure he knows until I know him better. Just thought I would mention it in case they did not know. I assume nothing here on TPF anymore.
Just read any of the many posts here on TPF, where we see way too many people, like some even with a paying job the next day or week asking BASIC questions like what lenses will fit their camera, or what flash to use, or what equipment to use.
How many posts do you read here on TPF, honestly, telling yourself "this OP doesn't even have a clue"? But you don't answer, to be nice.
Or here on TPF, the definition of a pro seems to just be someone who charges $, like they don't even have to know their equipment, and many don't from what I can see. I was asked recently what my idea of a pro was, I answered with stuff about knowing your equipment and what you are doing, and got slammed for it. General concensus seemd to just be someone who got paid. Okay...
Seems like it is a common answer to how to fix a problem here on TPF to be buy a faster lens, even if the problem shown in image OP is asking about in first post in that thread is obviously caused by incorrect focus or lens movement while shutter is open.
Or the pro I saw at an event, hanging several nice 2.8 lenses around his belt by those little corded adhesive lens cap retainers - easier to change lenses quickly, he says as lenses are banging together, held by lens cap.
There are many noobies who have a D40/D60 and still don't know what type lens will work on their camera.
Many who don't know the differences in older lenses from ones "with or without tabs or "ears" (as many people will say)" to the newer AF, AF-D, AF-S lenses.
Not sure some of them even know difference between a Nikon mount and a Minolta or Canon. Or they cannot even spell "lense" or "Cannon"
I sell lenses on
eBay, sometimes CL, after I have completely described a lens (and what it will and will not fit or work on) n the listing, you would be surprised how many poeple show up with a camera body that lens will not work on, or even fit on.
Other day I met someone to sell them an AF Nikkor lens, and he showed up with a D3000. I mentioned the lens required the camera to have a focusing motor in the camera body. He said that his camera did have one, that it was special order...
After I took a couple nice shots with his camera (manually focused of course) he insisted on buying the lens anyway, so I let him. Later, he called me, calling me all kind of names and cussing me out in some Asian language bc I had sold him a bad lens that would only take blurry pictures. He didn't even know that the lens would work just maually focus after I showed him how to.
So, here I just asked OP a simple question to clarify.
Just because one can afford a camera does not make them a photographer...
Sorry for the long answer, but seems I needed to explain why I asked it in the first place.