Free HDR Program??

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen alot of good things about Photomatix Pro, but I've spent alot of money on camera equipment lately and my wife will kill me if I spend anymore (seriously...she's a wild one!)

Is there a free HDR program out there anywhere? If not, I may try the free trial of Photomatix. Just wondering & thanks!

*EDIT: Of course, it probably would have been beneficial to actually look for some before asking y'all. Are any of these programs worth a shot?

http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/webhdr/software.shtml

that has to be the most stupid name for a piece of software i have ever seen!!!
If you had programmed that you want a catchy name that people would remember wouldnt you?

but Qtpfsgui doesnt exactly roll off the tongue very well does it?

by the way ive not tried the program either.... it might be OK, but the name sucks :)

There really isn't anything FREE that is any good... unfortunately
the only way to find out is to try some of them.

that has to be the most stupid name for a piece of software i have ever seen!!!
If you had programmed that you want a catchy name that people would remember wouldnt you?

but Qtpfsgui doesnt exactly roll off the tongue very well does it?

by the way ive not tried the program either.... it might be OK, but the name sucks :)

No it doesn't roll off the tongue, there's some story behind it somewhere on the web. I've been too lazy to use it as of yet.

I've downloaded it but not installed it yet, I've never had a play with HDR in general before though, but I'll post any results I get with it when I do!

Love to see the results and what you think of the programme, haven't had many an occassion to make an HDR as of late.

I've just installed and had a play with the Qtpfsgui programme, though I'm hampered by not really knowing exactly what I'm doing! :lol:

I've had a play with the settings on the various tonemapping HDR algorithms, and am finding that it's either sending the colours in the picture completely wacky or doing very little to the image - though it could be I selected an image without enough contrast in it. Will continue to have a play!

Just had another play and got this result, used a picture of a staue of Captain Edward Smith, captain of the doomed Titanic liner:

759551329_b0e04c0d7c_o.jpg

Might post this in the gallery too and get some C&C on it. Not sure if I need to tweak the settings though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back